The 37th Penicuik 10km Road Race will be on
Saturday 9th May 2020 • Start Time ~ 11am
Registration, toilets and changing facilities are located at Penicuik High School, Carlops Road, Penicuik
Declarations and entries open at 9am and close at 10.30am – our Registration Team need to get to their marshal points.
- Pre-entry fee £9 (affiliated) or £11 (non-affiliated)
- Entry on the day £12 (affiliated) or £14 (non-affiliated)
- Prizes to major category winners: Local/Junior/Senior/40+/50+/60+
- Teams: First 3 seniors to finish per affiliated club
- Under UK Athletics rules
- Scottish Athletics Permit event
- Medal for the first 300 runners – we have never had more than 260
- First Aid will be provided by St Andrews Ambulance
|Category||Age Range||Age Requirements|
- Only bone conducting headphoes permitted. Marshals are instructed to note number of any runner who flaunts this rule and they will be disqualified at the finish-line.
- Race time limit – 1hr 30mins
- Sorry, our race is not suitable for novelty fancy dress or those wishing to shake a charity bucket
- We are asking runners to bring donations for the local foodbank. Toiletries, dried or tinned foods, soap powder etc. all gratefully received.
- Post Race Refreshments, home baking & prize-giving held in the High School. All proceeds will go to Mental Health charities.
This is the 37th year that Penicuik Harriers have hosted this event and each year lots of runners come form far and wide to enjoy the route and the stunning views.
Our race is known for 3 things :-
1. The Hill – This is Pomathorn hill and is at the 1.5km point in the race. The hill is 1.4km long with an average gradient of 6% here is link to the Strava segment called ‘B7026 climb’ which shows the details: Pomathorn
2. The Support – We have no less than 40 of our club members marshalling the route and are all know for being really encouraging and supportive – please listen to their instructions because they are there to keep you safe too.
3. The Post-Race Spread – Gone are the days when we would hand out a Mars Bar and a sandwich 🙂 Our club members get their aprons on and provide home-baking for you all to enjoy some home-made deliciousness after the race. For this we ask for donations for the mental health charities that we will be supporting.
For pre-entry simply fill in our online form via EntryCentral – and pay online too, no posting required! We can also accept postal entries – please download, print & complete this form and return it together with the entry fee by Thursday 7th May 2020